Albums | Singles & EPs
Appearances on Compilations and Film soundtracks
Appearances on other artists records | Radio shows
Trash TLP 1001, USA, 1981
Side A : 1. Bo Diddley / 2. Heroin / 3. Slippin' And Slidin' / 4. I'll Be You Baby Tonight.
Side B : 5. Louie Louie / 6. Slippin' And Slidin' / 7. Concerto In D Major / 8. Around And Around / 9. Ellas.
1 : Ellas McDaniels / 2 : Lou Reed / 3, 6 : R. Penniman, E. Bogage, A. Collins, J. Smith / 4 : Bob Dylan / 5 : Richard Berry / 7 : Antonio Vivaldi / 8 : Chuck Berry / 9 : Maureen Tucker.
Notes : recorded in Moe's living room (aka 'Trash Records', Phoenix, AZ), manufactured and distributed by Rough Trade. Maureen Tucker played all the instruments. There is an October 1992 German reissue in a white jacket (M.T.-1441) - those LPs were pressed by Moe Tucker and the band to sell on the road.
LIFE IN EXILE AFTER ABDICATION
LP/CS, 50 Skidillion Watts MOE 7, US, March 1989
1. Hey Mersh! (3:16) / 2. Spam Again (5:25) / 3. Goodnight Irene (2:29) / 4. Chase (8:07) / 5. Andy (5:08) / 6. Work (3:38) / 7. Pale Blue Eyes (6:44) / 8. Bo Diddley (5:07) / 9. Talk So Mean (4:59) / 10. Do It Right (3:10) / 11. Guess I'm Falling In Love / 12. Baby What You Want Me To Do / 13. Why Don't You Smile Now / 14. Hey, Mr. Rain. (tracks 11-14 only on Rev-Ola reissue).
1, 2, 5, 6, 9 : M. Tucker / 3 : Huddie Ledbetter & John A. Lomax / 4 : all players & M. Tucker / 7 : Lou Reed / 8 : E. McDaniel / 10 : Jad Fair & Daniel Johnston / 11, 14 : The Velvet Underground / 12 : Jimmy Reed / 13 : Reed, Cale, Vance & Phillips.
Notes : recorded March 1988 at Noise New York and June-October 1988 at Mirror Image, Gainsville (Florida). With the help of members of Sonic Youth, Jad Fair, Daniel Johnston. Lou Reed plays guitar on Hey Mersh ! and Pale Blue Eyes.
The LP came with an insert and promo copies with inserts and a photograph of Moe. Also exists as test pressing on Rainbow records.
First CD pressing with brown label, second pressing with white label.
The Rev-Ola CD reissue has a different cover, includes four bonus tracks taken from the MoeJadKateBarry EP and exclusive liner notes by Jonathan Richman.
I SPENT A WEEK THERE THE OTHER NIGHT
LP/CASS/CD, New Rose rose 273/rosk 273/rose 273 cd, France, October 1991
1. Fired Up / 2. That's B.A.D. / 3. Lazy / 4. S.O.S. / 5. Blue, All The Way To Canada / 6. (And) Then He Kissed Me / 7. Too Shy / 8. Stayin' Put / 9. Baby, Honey, Sweetie / 10. I'm Not / 11. I'm Waiting For The Man.
Notes: some LP copies came in green vinyl. The CD version (rose 273 cd) has I'm Waiting For The Man as extra track. Japanese issue includes lyrics.
Moe says : 'I Spent A Week...' was recorded in New York. I was lucky enough to have lots of volunteers playing on this, and I think the result is pretty interesting. I love Brian's bass on 'B.A.D.'; Cale's viola on 'Kissed Me'; Lou's making noise on 'Fired Up'; Victor's drumming; Sterling's wife, her sister, and my cousin making their vocal debut as backup singers; and I'm proud of my saxophone arrangements! I think this is a fun little album and think it sounds pretty damn good, considering the small amount of time we had, and the quality of the studio.
OH NO, THEY'RE RECORDING THIS SHOW
New Rose 422 418, France, September 1992
1. Spam Again / 2. Hey, Mersh / 3. Stayin' Put / 4. That's B.A.D.S. / 5. Goodnight Irene / 6. Too Shy / 7. Talk So Mean / 8. Lazy / 9. Baby, Honey, Sweetie / 10. S.O.S. / 11. Fired Up / 12. Too Shy / 13. Bo Diddley.
Notes: CD only. Recorded live at l'Ubu, Rennes, France, on February 23, 1992. The Japanese issue includes lyrics, extra photo of marquee, Sterling and Moe.
DOGS UNDER STRESS
New Rose 422 492, France, February 7, 1994
1. Crakin' Up / 2. Me, Myself And I / 3. I've Seen Into Your Soul / 4. I Don't Understand / 5. Crazy Hannah's Ridin' The Train / 6. Danny Boy / 7. Little Girl / 8. Saturday Night / 9. Train / 10. Poor Little Fool / 11. I Wanna.
Notes: CD only. Sterling Morrison plays on five tracks. The New Rose edition has a booklet with lyrics. Original title was Inexplicably Spankled While Leading A Conga Line. Japanese issue also includes lyrics of all tracks including the 3 cover-songs.
Moe says: I'm very happy with 'Dogs Under Stress'. Phil, the engineer and owner of the studio, did a faboulous job, and the overall sound is so much better than anything I've done before. And for the first time I had the luxury of not having to worry too much about the clock (thanks to Phil) and was also able to mix in a proper studio! I'm also very pleased with how each song "came out". I particulary like 'Crackin' Up' and 'I've Seen Into Your Soul', both of which are just whet I had envisioned.
WAITING FOR MY MEN
Rokarola Records 7280850006, Belgium, 1998
1. Fired Up (3:57) / 2. I'm Waiting For The Man (5:24) / 3. Blue All The Way To Canada (3:48) / 4. Too Shy (3:19) / 5. And Then He Kissed Me (2:40) / 6. I'm Not (6:38) / 7. Me, Myself And I (2:41) / 8. I Don't Understand (2:40) / 9. Danny Boy (5:20) / 10. Little Girl (2:55) / 11. I Wanna (2:53) / 12. Crackin' Up (4:59) / 13. I've Seen Into Your Soul (5:42) / 14. Saturday Night (3:51) / 15. Train (6:20).
Notes: CD compiled from I Spent A Week There The Other Night (tracks 1-6) and Dogs Under Stress (tracks 7-15).
MOE ROCKS TERRASTOCK
Captain Trip CTCD-400, Japan, June 2002
1. Spam Again (5:17) / 2. I Wanna (3:08) / 3. I'm Sticking With You (2:34) / 4. Crackin' Up (4:08) / 5. B.A.D. (6:28) / 6. Hey Mersh (2:48) / 7. Fired Up (3:07) / 8. Bo Diddley (9:23).
Notes: recorded live Terrastock Festival at The Showbox, in Seattle, November 5, 2000. Features: Moe Tucker - guitar, lead vocals, John Slugget - drums, Greg Beschers - lead guitar, vocals, John Abbay - bass, vocals, Doug Yule - vocals & piano (3), guitar (4). Produced by John Craig.
|Singles & EPs|
I'm Sticking With You / Of Yesterday Modern Pop: Maureen Tucker & Friends / Count Viglione & Lady Carolyn
Valvuren 805-111, US, 1980
Notes: side 1 offers the legendary duet by Moe and Jonathan Richman. Personnel: Moe Tucker/Jonathan Richman (vocals), Willie Alexander (keyboards, backing vocals), George Nardo (guitar), Walter Powers (bass), Jim Wilkin (drums). This song was recorded February 24, 1974 in Boston at Music Designers studios. Came with liner notes insert backed with a poster of a gig Jon Richman played the night before this historic recording session in 1974.
Around And Around / Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
7 inch single, Trash T82644-1, US, 1981
Notes: Moe's solo debut with covers of Chuck Berry and Shirelles standards. Around And Around is also included on Playin' Possum LP but B-side Will You appears only on this rare single.
12 inch EP, Valvuren Records VAR11D, USA, 1985
Side 1: 1. I'm Sticking With You / 2. Will You Love Me Tomorrow.
1: same as Modern Pop 7 inch / 2 : same as Around And Around 7 inch B-side but without tambourine / 3: Count Joe Viglione, mix 2, new vocal; originally released on Flamingo/Carrere in Paris, 1978; the first contract issued by Patrick Mathe, founder of New Rose Records; remixed on March 1, 1985, recorded in 1977 in Arlington (basic tracks), in 1978 re-mixed in Newton... features Willie Alexander on backing vocals , John JHovorka of The Turbines on bass, Paul Robinson on drums (brother of Cars drummer David Robinson) / 4: Count Joe Viglione, live 12/27/78 at The Club in Cambridge, Mass (11 piece band) / 5: live 11/25/79 at Paradise in Boston.
Notes: mastered by Trutone, in New Jersey, USA, April 4, 1985 and again on April 23, 1985. Pressed in May. Originally, catalog # was VAR 9D, but was later changed on the pressing to VAR 11D.
12 inch EP, 50 Skidillion Watts MOE 1, US, June 1987
Side 1: 1. Guess I'm Falling In Love / 2. Baby What You Want Me To Do / 3. Jad Is A Fink.
1, 5: The Velvet Underground / 2: Jimmy Reed / 3: Messer/Stock/Tucker / 4: Reed/Cale/Vance/Phillips.
Moe Tucker (drums, vocals on 4), Jad Fair (vocals, guitar on 5), Kate Messer (guitar), Barry Stock (bass, lead guitar on 1, 4, 5) + Mark Jickling (guitar on 5), David Fair (harmonica on 2), John Dreyfuss (saxophone on 3). Produced by Jad Fair, recorded at Flipside Studio, Longwood, Florida.
Notes: 12 inch EP only, with ad insert. There is a signed limited edition: red vinyl (300 copies), green vinyl (200 copies). With Jad Fair of Half Japanese on vocals. This EP was scheduled for UK release on the Kaleidoscope Sound label (KSLP 010), the record was mastered and pressed up but the distributor went bust in spectacular circumstances which affected a hell of a lot of labels, and the records were never sleeved up. Who knows what happened to the stock, which vanished...
50 Skidillion Watts MOE 6-0, USA, 1989
1. Hey Mersh ! / 2. Talk So Mean / 3. Talk So Mean (alternate non-LP mix).
1-3 : Moe Tucker.
Notes: 7 inch white vinyl (limited edition of 1400 copies). 600 promo copies came in black vinyl. 12 inch 33 RPM pressing came with an alternate take of Talk So Mean as bonus with Thurston Moore on lead guitar, 2000 copies and a limited edition of 300 white vinyl.
10 inch, New Rose 152, France, August 1991
1. Too Shy (3:28) / 2. Fired Up (3:49).
Notes: non-LP versions.
CDEP, Lakeshore Drive Records LSD CD 2001, USA, December 1997
1. The He Kissed Me / 2. Be My Baby / 3. To Know Him Is To Love Him / 4. Da Doo Ron Ron.
Notes: recorded and mixed at Casino Studio, Atlanta GA.
I'm Sticking With You / After Hours
CDEP, Lakeshore Drive Records LSD CD 2002, USA, December 1997
1. I'm Sticking With You / 2. After Hours.
Notes: recorded and mixed at Casino Studio, Atlanta GA.
|Moe Tucker appearances on compilations and film soundtracks|
LP, Placebo Records PLA-103, USA, 1982
Paris 1942 : She Cracked
|MIGHTY RISEN PLEA|
2LP, Sacred Flame SF01, USA, 1991
Moe Tucker: Too Shy, Live, March 1990, Germany.
HEAVEN & HELL VOLUME 3 - A TRIBUTE TO THE VELVET UNDERGROUND|
Imaginary Records ILL CD 022, UK, 1992
Half Japanese : I Heard Her Call My Name
LOVE IS MY ONLY CRIME|
CD, Veracity IRS CD 986.966, Germany, 1993
2LPs, Veracity DoLP 964.966, Germany, 1993
Moe Tucker, and Kate Mikulka: Teenager in Love
7 inch flexi-disc, The Bob 110543-1ABS, USA, 1994
Moe Tucker: Teenager in Love
ANTARTIDA (film soundtrack)|
Crépuscule TWI 1008, 1995
Crépuscule/Warner Music 0630118962, Germany, 1995
Notes: Moe played with Sterling Morrison and John Cale on People Who Died, a Jim Carroll song.
CD digipak, S.H.A.D.O. Records RPOPCD001, Italy, May 2003
1. Pop conversation #1 - Various Artists / 2. At the airport #A - Instant Cafe Records / 3. Her words hang in the air - Ladybug Transistor / 4. Will you still love me tomorrow - Moe Tucker / 5. The Girl from UNCLE - The Four Corners / 6. Loud and laughing - Shermans / 7. Comme d'habitude - Souvenir / 8. Star watcher's songs - Instant Cafe Records / 9. Flashin' light (some girls like to disco) (Cocosume remix) - Valvola / 10. London - Noonday Underground / 11. Liebe auf dem land - Die Moulinettes / 12. White drops - Plus Tech Squeezebox / 13. Mon ange gardien - April March / 14. To know him is to love him - Moe Tucker / 15. Fine day - Three Berry Ice Cream / 16. Sun keeps shining on me - Fonda / 17. Free - The Mondo Crescendo / 18. Hey lover - Aislers Set / 19. Don't - Mirah / 20. Let drive at him - Instant Cafe Records / 21. Summertime - Faraway Places / 22. I wanna (live) - Moe Tucker / 23. Pop conversation #2 - Various Artists.
4: B-side of 1981 Around And Around 45 (first appearance on CD) / 14: from 1997 GRL-GRP CDEP / 22: live at Realtime, Savannah GA (previously unreleased).
|Moe Tucker appearances on other artists records|
Iridescence Records, US, 1980
Notes: Moe Tucker (drums), Chuck Bell, Jad fair, David Greenberger, Erik Lindgren, Philip Milstein, and Andy Paley.
CHARLIE PICKETT : ROUTE 33|
Twin Tones Records, 1986
LP, Makingwaves Spin 121, USA, 1986
LOU REED : NEW YORK|
CD : Sire 925 829-2 / LP : WX 246, US, February 1989
Notes: Moe plays percussions on two songs: Last Great American Whale and Dime Store Mystery.
|SHOTGUN RATIONALE : Time Is Mine / Wheel|
7 inch, Dog Meat, DOG021, Australia, 1991
Notes: Moe is producer.
|SHOTGUN RATIONALE : WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE|
LP, Nomad Communications, NOMAD 1 EFA 17501-08, UK, 1992
Notes: Moe is producer.
|WORKDOGS : WORKDOGS IN HELL|
CD, Sympathy For The Record Industry SFTRI 212, USA, 1993
Notes: Moe changes TV channels for track 10. Workdogs are a rythm section of two people Rob Kennedy and Scott Jarvis, who play with various guests. Both were in Moe Tucker's road band and Scott play drums on several songs of Moe's Life In Exile album. See Workdogs page for more information.
|SHOTGUN RATIONALE : ROLLER COASTER|
CD, Vince Lombardy Records EFA CD 11894, Germany, 1993
Notes: Shotgun Rationale is Sonny Vincent's band. Moe sings backup vocals on Fun In The Sun. Sterling plays guitar on another song.
|HALF JAPANESE : Everybody Knows / Turn Your Life Around|
7 inch, Seminal Twang TWANG 1, UK, 1991
CDEP, Seminal Twang TWANG1CD, UK, 1991
Notes: Moe is producer. Line-up is Jad, Don Fleming, Hank Beckmeyer and John Slugget. CD includes Always as bonus track.
HALF JAPANESE : FIRE IN THE SKY|
CD & LP, Paperhouse PAPCD 010, UK, 1992
CD, Safe House SH-2113-2, USA, 1993
Notes: Moe produces and plays drums on It's No Wonder and Fire In The Sky and guitar on Gates Of Glory. Safe House's issue includes bonus tracks with cover of I Heard Her Call My Name. More infos on The Half Japanese Page.
JOHN CALE : WALKING ON LOCUST|
Hannibal/Rykodisc HDCD 1395, September 21, 1996
Notes: Maureen plays kit for Dancing Undercover and Set Me Free.
PAUL K AND THE WEATHERMEN : LOVE IS A GAS|
LP, CD or CS, Alias Records 4440 109, 1997
Notes: Moe is producer. The band is Paul K on guitar & vocals, Steve Poulton on bass, and Glenn Kotche on drums. See Paul K & The Weathermen web page for more information.
|#1 FAMILY MOVER|
CD, Shotput, USA, 1997
Notes: Atlanta based pop-rock band. Moe plays percussion on a track and makes a brief (very very brief) vocal interlude on another...
MAGNET : DON'T BE A PENGUIN|
PC MUSIC 87540 3 2, March 1997
1. Julie (3'13) / 2. Banger (2'57) / 3. Summer & Winter (2'28) / 4. Everyone (3'50) / 5. One Day (2'37) / 6. Even If... (3'07) / 7. Better Way (3'17) / 8. Don't Be A Penguin (5'22) / 9. On We Go (3'20) / 10. Not My World (4'24) / 11. Smiles (3'10) / 12. Let's Order Some Thai Food (3'31) / 13. Down Down (3'14) / 14. Blame (6'06).
JOHN CALE : EAT/KISS (Music For The Films Of Andy Warhol)|
Hannibal HNCD 1407, June 10, 1997
Notes: Moe plays drums. "Eat/Kiss reunites John Cale with The Velvet Underground original mentor Andy Warhol in Cal's score for these two early Warhol films. Recorded live at a 1995 performance in Lille, France".
|Afterhours, April 26, 1982|
KSTM, Phoenix, Arizona
Interview (4 min).
|Kid Jensen interview, October 7, 1982|
BBC, London, UK
Interview (5 min).
|Interview with Moe tucker, November 21, 1991|
France Inter, Paris, France
Interview (45 min).
|Feature, October 7, 1992|
DRS 3, Swiss
With Sterling Morrison (155 min).
|John Peel Session, March 1992|
BBC, London, UK
1. Blue, All The Way To Canada / 2. Fired Up / 3. Too Shy / 4. Train.
|Crackin' Up - Moe Tucker meets Bo Diddley, July 9, 1995|
|Greasy Kid Stuff, March 14, 1998|
WFMU, NYC, USA
by Olivier Landemaine
©1996-2008 The Velvet Underground Web Page